Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage Treatment & What to Expect:
- A Consultation will be done with the client to find out more about them, what their specific problem may be and to learn more about what they would like to gain out of the treatment.
- Relax on the bed and get nice and comfortable.
- The Therapist will perform some Bio Energy on the body to help release muscular tension and boost the nerves all along the spine which will in turn boost all areas in the body that the nerves supply.
- Massage Oil will be applied to the shoulders and neck areas and a massage will be performed to release any tension and relax the muscles.
- The Head Massage which also includes the face will be performed using different techniques to release all tension both physically and emotionally.
*The Treatment will last approx 50 mins*
History of Indian Head Massage
Indian Head Massage (or champissage) is based on the ancient Ayurvedic healing system passed down from generation to generation within ancient India. It is a Holistic Therapy incorporating Mind, Body and Spirit. The treatment has been practiced in India for over a thousand years, originally to keep hair in beautiful condition by stimulating blood flow to the scalp, thus nourishing the hair roots.
Originally it was almost exclusively concerned with massage of the head and hair follicles, although over time it has developed to incorporate massage and manipulation of the face, scalp, neck, upper back, shoulders and upper arms.